Blocking IPs in Convert
This feature allows you to block tracking on certain IPs or ranges of IPs. You can include your own office IPs or ranges to prevent them triggering goals or visits and showing them on the reports of your experiments. This will prevent contaminations of your experiment data.
You can enable the blocking for the all the projects under your account or just a specific project.
This type of block will be enabled for all the experiments and projects under your account.
However, it will not include projects share with you, only the ones you own.
1) Go to your Account menu option on your the left menu.
2) Click on Account.
3) Click on Settings
4) Follow the block option you need as described below.
This will block tracking on the experiments of the project that you choose.
To start blocking IPs on your project you will have to:
1) Go to your Project in the Project Panel and select its settings.
In Convert, you have the 3 options to block or exclude IP addresses in your experiments:
1) Excluding Single IP addresses
To exclude single IP addreses, you have to:
1) Click on the "Single Ip" area.
2) Input the address that you are meant to block or exclude.
3) Click on the "Block IP'(s)" button.
2) Excluding a Range of IP Addresses
1) Click in the "Range" area.
2) Enter the initial address that defines the range.
3) Enter the final address that defines the range.
4) Click on the "Block IP(s)" button to save the setting.
3) Block Multiple IP's
1) Click on the "Multiple" section.
2) Enter the addresses that you want to block or exclude from the experiment, separated by a comma. (Otherwise it will not work).
3) Click on the "Block IP(s)" button to save the changes.
Delete the blocked or excluded IPs
To delete an address, just click on the cross buttons next to the address.