Setup Call Tracking Goal
Just give the goal a name (like Call Tracking) and activate it for an experiment.
To get LogMyCalls call tracking integrated with Convert Experiments A/B testing make sure you setup one unique (unused phone number in LogMyCalls. If you have a test with one Original version and one Variation you need to setup two numbers.
As we pointed inside article pushing conversions into Convert Experiments, conversions can be triggered by calling a specific URL that contains all the needed info. The structure of such an URL is the following, where each element marked by brackets and bold is explained below:
All the bold elements have to be replaced with actual values as follows:
- [project_id] - this is the project ID that can be found in project settings. In there the field "ID NUMBER" glues together the account ID and project ID separated by an underscore char. For example, if ID number is 1111_2222 than 1111 represent the account id and 2222 represents the project's ID.
- [customer_id] - account ID found as described above
- [experiment_id]] - ID of the experiment that you want to track. Experiment ID can be found inside experiment report, clicking on the report settings icon: see attached image:
- [variation_id] - ID of the variation connected to a specific phone number. Id of the variation can be found by doing a live preview for that specific variation and picking up the number after reed_a query parameter inside the preview URL. For example, if the preview URl is www.mysite.com/?reed_action=reed_apreview&convert_e=10001232&am..., than the action ID is 10008656.
- g = [goal_id] - the goal ID you want the conversion to be triggered for. you can find the goal ID in your convert experiment account, under the details for the specific goal, inside goal overview:
Once you have created your account with Calltracks, simply set up an advert as shown below.
- Create the advert name as follows...
- Select ‘Media’ as Web and ‘Media title’ as Company Website
- Select the phone number type you want to use e.g. Freephone, national or local
- Select the number you want to route your calls to (‘Route plan’).
- Next set a start and end date
- Finally Tag the advert A or B
• Repeat the process for your second number
- Check the adverts are correct
Add the numbers. That’s it you are good to go.
Done & Start Testing
Now you are done, with the webhooks Convert Experiments and CallTracks are integrated. Start the experiment and test the goals by calling each number. You will see the conversion.