This now works for the following call trackers:
- Call Tracking Metrics
- Analytic Call Tracking
- DialogTech / IfByPhone
- CallRail (see also their own documentation here)
Setup Call Tracking Goal
Just give the goal a name (like Call Tracking) and activate it for an experiment.
To get LogMyCalls call tracking integrated with Convert Experiences A/B testing make sure you setup one unique (unused phone number in LogMyCalls. If you have a test with one Original version and one Variation you need to setup two numbers.
Conversions can be triggered by calling a specific URL that contains all the needed info. The structure of such an URL is the following, where each element marked by brackets and bold is explained below:
All the bold elements have to be replaced with actual values as follows:
- [project_id] - this is the project ID that can be found in project settings. In there the field "ID NUMBER" glues together the account ID and project ID separated by an underscore char. For example, if ID number is 1111_2222 than 1111 represent the account id and 2222 represents the project's ID.
- [customer_id] - account ID found as described above
- [experiment_id]] - ID of the experiment that you want to track. Experiment ID can be found inside experiment report, clicking on the report settings icon: see attached image:
- [variation_id] - ID of the variation connected to a specific phone number. Id of the variation can be found by doing a live preview for that specific variation and picking up the number after reed_a query parameter inside the preview URL. For example, if the preview URl is www.mysite.com/?reed_action=reed_apreview&convert_e=10001232&am..., than the action ID is 10008656.
- g = [goal_id] - the goal ID you want the conversion to be triggered for. you can find the goal ID in your convert experiment account, under the details for the specific goal, inside goal overview:
Create Zapier Webhook
The webhooks (beta) are a great way to push a call to Convert Experiences. We use the same goal in the experiment but using the above defined push URL we can trigger a goal for either the original or variation.
Depending on the application you are connecting to you might need one ZAP for every phone-number dialed. We need the variationID in the webhook GET URL if the Call tracking software allows a variable in their backend that Zapier allows as mergefield one ZAP will take care of all tracking for one experiment.
- Select a Webhook with the GET method
- Fill the URL with all the different [id's] you got from the above steps and replace them to match this format: http://[project_id].track.convertexperiments.com/track/?c=[customer_id]&p=[project_id]&e=[experiment_id]-[variation_id]&g=[goal_id]&ga=1 (yes also remove the [ and ] symbols).
- Send as JSON tuned to No and leave all other fields empty.
Done & Start Testing
Now you are done, with the webhooks Convert Experiences and you call tracking app are integrated. Start the experiment and test the goals by calling each number. You will see the conversion.